The February issue of the free NEBLINE newsletter is now on-line. Visit http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline and click on the link to the February 2018 NEBLINE!
Extension Educator Alice Henneman shares some tips for making your own trail mix in this issue:
• Limit the serving size to about 1/4 cup to keep calories at a reasonable amount.
• Use unsalted versions of nuts.
• Choose cereals and crackers that are whole grain, and lower in sugar and salt.
• Limit the amount of added candy. Consider using “mini” versions of candy, such as mini chocolate
chips, to distribute a smaller amount of candy throughout the mix.
Check out the trail mix recipe on page 2 of the NEBLINE to get you started!
Here are some of the articles featured in this issue – – – –
- Feature: The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program Teaches Limited-Resource Families Through Peer Education
- A Piece of…
View original post 138 more words